Saint-Etienne-De-Cuines: Hotels and Accommodation

Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines is located at the entrance to the Vallée des Villards and provides access to its Col du Glandon.

Anyone planning a stay in Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines can book a hotel for this purpose.

Culture and History

Le Châtelet was a defensive tower belonging to the lords of Cuynes and, from 1482, the year of the first rediscovered notarial deed, was owned by noble families. The Maison forte de Gruyère was also initially a defensive tower and was owned by the De Pont family in the 15th century.

The Église Saint Etienne contains a bronze bell dating from 1560, which was classified as an A.O.A. in 1942. The church was almost completely rebuilt in 1845. The Chapelle de la Visitation au Mollaret dates from the 19th century; it contains old statues and paintings.

The Pâtes La Lune factory is also part of the local history. Its production increased from 4 tonnes per day in 1889 to 125 tonnes per day in the 1920s.

Paths

Several paths lead to the hamlet of Hameau du Loup, including one from the hamlet of Villaron. The path to Hameau du Loup offers views of the panorama and the plain at its feet.

The Musée ouvert consists of illustrated panels installed in the municipality of Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines in 2012, depicting its history. It can be explored on foot along paths through the village.

Landscape and Cycling Route

The Montée cyclo du Col du Glandon from Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines is 19.9 km long and has an elevation gain of 1,439 metres. A 21 km cycling route to the Col du Glandon runs between the Belledonne range to the west and the peaks of the Les Sybelles area to the east.

Other places: Aillon-Le-Jeune, Levassaix, Bessans, Le Bois, Beaufort, Orelle, Queige, Hautecour

To the main travel overview: Savoie.

Compare accommodation in Saint-Etienne-De-Cuines

Check prices, availability and amenities for your travel dates directly on Booking.com.

View accommodation and offersAdvertisement · Affiliate link to Booking.com